There are a number of technical analysis apps that a new trader or investor can use from their phone to analyze various financial markets.
These apps make it easy to use and learn technical analysis directly from your phone.
Most of the apps listed are compatible with mobile operating systems from iOS to Android or both depending on the specific app.
The best technical analysis apps to use are:
- TradingView Mobile App: Best app for real time charting and technical analysis tools
- 5Min Chart for Stocks Market App: Best app for technical analysis in the stock market
- Technical Analysis-ChartSchool App: Best for bite sized lessons on technical analysis concepts
- StockCharts TV App: Best app for video live streams on technical analysis topics form technical analysts and experts
- Interactive Stock Charts App: Best app for access to the technical analysis chart pattern scanners
- Candlestick Charting App: Best app for finding technical analysis candlestick patterns in markets
- ChartTreker App: Best app for end of day price charts
- Learn Technical Analysis App: Best for beginner level traders looking for education on technical analysis.
These apps offer new traders educational material on technical analysis and also offer the ability to do technical analysis in various financial markets from the stock markets to the commodity and futures markets.
TradingView Mobile App
The TradingView Mobile App is a free app offered by TradingView Inc. The TradingView mobile app is great to use for technical analysis because:
- It offers access to multiple global exchanges and markets
- It offers multiple technical analysis indicators
- It offers multiple technical analysis overlays
- It offers access to test various technical analysis strategies
- Users can easily check real time charts of stocks, commodities, futures, cryptocurrencies, indexes and forex
- Users can create their own technical analysis indicators
- It offers a user-friendly interface
- Users can easily draw chart patterns, trendlines, support & resistance levels on price charts
- Users can do technical analysis on different chart types from candlestick charts, line charts, area charts etc.
This makes the TradingView app a great app for technical analysis with multiple features for traders to use.
5Min Chart for Stocks Market App
Where To Download: 5Min Chart for Stocks Market Apple App
The 5Min Chart for Stocks Market app is a free app that offers in app purchases. It was created by Mobile Interactive LLC.
The 5Min Chart for Stocks Market mobile app is a great technical analysis app because:
- It offers access to advanced stock charts with real time price quotes
- It offers access to various technical indicators e.g. Moving Averages, Overlays, Bollinger Bands, MACD etc.
- It has a user friendly interface
- It offers access to different chart types
- It offers technical analysis scores on stocks
- It offers stock market news
This makes the 5Min Chart for Stock Market app a helpful app for new traders seeking to learn and practice technical analysis.
Technical Analysis-ChartSchool App
Where To Download: Technical Analysis-ChartSchool Apple App
The Technical Analysis-ChartSchool app is a technical analysis educational app created by BitScreener PTE. Ltd.
The Technical Analysis-ChartSchool app is a great technical analysis app because:
- It offers a chart school with educational technical analysis guides and articles
- It offers simple bite size lessons and tutorials on various technical analysis concepts including chart patterns, technical indicators etc.
- It provides video lessons on the stock market and technical analysis
- It provides information on advanced technical analysis concepts in an easy to understand way
- It has a user friendly interface
- If offers information on technical analysis theories e.g. Dow theory, Chaos theory etc.
This makes the Technical Analysis-ChartSchool app a helpful app for learning about technical analysis.
StockCharts TV App
The StockCharts TV app is a real time video streaming app by Stockcharts.com, Inc. It is a great app for learning technical analysis because:
- It offers access to video streams with expert technical analysts and general technical analysis leaders
- It offers technical analysis education and tutorials
- It offers technical analysis commentary on various stocks, sectors and indexes from experts
- It offers important technical analysis indicators and overlays to use when analyzing markets
- It offers the chance to see technical analysis being done in real time
This makes the StockCharts TV app a helpful app for increasing a traders knowledge on technical analysis concepts.
Interactive Stock Charts App
The Interactive Stock Charts app is a charting and technical analysis app created by Yue Qi. The Interactive Stock Charts app is a great app for technical analysis because:
- It offers interactive and real time price charts of various markets
- It offers access to technical analysis indicators including trend reversal indicators, RSI, Parabolic Sar, Pivot Points, Keltner Channels etc.
- It has a build in chart pattern scanner that scans price charts for common chart patterns including head and shoulders, bull and bear flags, triangles. trendlines etc.
- It offers access to historical price data both offline and online
This makes the Interactive Stock Charts app a great app for new traders look to explore technical analysis.
Candlestick Charting App
Where To Download: Candlestick Charting Apple App
The Candlestick Charting app is a charting and technical analysis app created by Christopher Gokey.
The Candlestick Charting app is a great app for technical analysis because:
- It detects over 70 candlestick patterns including Three Line Strike, Evening Star, Hammer, Bullish Engulfing Candlesticks etc.
- It offers access to many technical analysis indicators and overlays
- It offers price charts of stocks, commodities and forex
- Users can create watchlists with technical analysis alerts
Where To Download: ChartTreker Apple App
The ChartTreker app is a free and paid charting and technical analysis app created by Liquidstreams, LLC.
The ChartTreker app is a great charting and technical analysis app because:
- It offers end of day charts of many markets
- It offers many technical analysis studies and indicators e.g. Ichimoku Clouds, Stochastics, ADX etc.
- It offers annotation tools so users can easily annotate and save charts
- Easy to use user interface
Ideally, the ChartTreker app is best for new traders that like to easily annotate and save their charts to study further.
The paid version of the app offers real time charting at a cost of $3.99 per month.
Learn Technical Analysis App
Where To Download: Learn Technical Analysis Google Play App
The Learn Technical Analysis app is a technical analysis educational app created by SP App Developers.
It is a great technical analysis app because:
- It offers it’s user educational materials on beginner level and advanced technical analysis concepts
- It explains many technical indicators in detail
- It offers information on technical analysis theories
- It provides examples of technical analysis in action
- If provides tutorials on chart patterns and common technical analysis terms like breakouts, price gaps, fading, overbought, oversold etc.
This app is ideally suited for beginner level traders or investors with no previous understanding of technical analysis.
What Makes These Technical Analysis Apps Good?
The apps listed are great for technical analysis because they offer their users access to technical analysis information, education, tutorials, videos and lessons for free.
They also enable users to easily perform technical analysis in various capital markets from stocks to commodities and forex.
Finally, the apps provide technical analysis tools like technical indicators and chart pattern recognition scanners to help new traders and investors find opportunities in the market.