Many successful traders apply technical analysis to help them in reading the price charts of any financial market.
There are many aspects of technical analysis to learn including technical indicators, chart patterns, theories and understanding the different type of price charts from candlesticks charts, line charts, point and figure charts etc.
With the popularity of trading and investing increasing, there has also been an increase in technical analysis courses offered.
This has made it harder to find the best courses to enroll in. Gaining the right knowledge from the right educators is important.
The courses listed can educate students with applying technical analysis to any market from forex, cryptocurrencies, stocks, bonds, futures, options and commodities.
The best courses to learn technical analysis are:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Trading Using Technical Analysis: Best free technical analysis course for complete beginners.
- Intermediate Technical Analysis by Interactive Brokers: Best for intermediate level.
- The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course: Best for learning advanced technical analysis concepts.
- Chartered Market Technician® Program: Best course for becoming a professional technical analyst.
- Technical Analysis Mastery Stock Trading, Forex, Investing: Best course for learning technical analysis in multiple markets.
Taking a course is one of the top methods of learning technical analysisfor both beginners, intermediate and advanced level traders, investors and technical analysts.
A Beginner’s Guide To Trading Using Technical Analysis – Best For Beginners
A beginner’s guide to trading using technical analysis is a great free technical analysis course for complete beginners to technical analysis.
The course is offered by the Chart Guys, who are a team of professional day traders and swing traders.
A Beginner’s Guide To Trading Using Technical Analysis Course Facts
Below are facts about the Chart Guys technical analysis course:
- The course offers 7 modules with 41 video lessons. The modules include: Course Outline, What is Technical Analysis, Financial Charts, Support & Resistance, Trading with Trends, Patterns & Psychology, The Next Steps To Take etc.
- All videos are under 10 minutes in length
- Course is delivered by a professional day trader
A Beginner’s Guide To Trading Using Technical Analysis Course Pros & Cons
The pros of the Chart Guys technical analysis course are:
- Easy for beginners to get started
- It’s free
- Educator is a professional trader with years of trading and investing experience
- No lengthy videos
- Teaches a basic understanding of reading price charts
The cons of the Chart Guys technical analysis course are:
- No ability to ask questions on video lessons
- No worksheets or pdfs available for download
These are the advantages and disadvantages of taking this course on technical analysis.
A Beginner’s Guide To Trading Using Technical Analysis Course Screenshot
A Beginner’s Guide To Trading Using Technical Analysis Course Pricing & Sign Up
The Beginner’s Guide To Trading Using Technical Analysis course by The Chart Guys is completely free to sign up.
Intermediate Technical Analysis by Interactive Brokers – Best For Intermediate Level
The Intermediate Technical Analysis by Interactive Brokers is a technical analysis course offered by the trading broker Interactive Brokers and the CME Group.
This course covers all the technical analysis concepts and indicators offered by Interactive Broker charting platform.
Intermediate Technical Analysis Course Facts
Below are facts about the technical analysis course offered by Interactive Brokers:
- All video lessons are under 10 minutes in length
- The course offers 8 lessons. Lessons include: Different chart types explained, Understanding technical indicators like moving averages, Fibonacci retracements and oscillators like RSI & MACD, Chart patterns including trend, continuation and reversal patterns, Explainer on the difference between fundamental analysis and technical analysis
- Course delivered by professionals traders
Intermediate Technical Analysis Course Pros & Cons
The pros of the intermediate technical analysis course are:
- Delivered by a professional educator from the CME Group
- Can ask questions on each video
- Can do a quiz on each lesson to test your knowledge
- Notes available for download on every lesson
- No sign up/email registration is required to take the course
The cons of the intermediate technical analysis course are:
- Short course overall
- Not every technical analysis concept covered
These are the advantages and disadvantages of taking this course.
Intermediate Technical Analysis Course Course Screenshot
Intermediate Technical Analysis Course Pricing & Sign Up
The intermediate technical analysis course is free to enroll in.
The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course – Best For Advanced Level
The advanced technical analysis trading course is a course on Udemy offered by the creators at Wealthy Education.
The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course Facts
Below are facts about the Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course:
- 61 video lectures offered. Topics discussed in the course include:
- Fundamentals of technical analysis
- Technical analysis theories
- Using momentum indicators
- Using volume indicators
- Using trend analysis indicators
- Support & Resistance
- Chart patterns
- Using volatility indicators
- Multi timeframe analysis
- All video lessons are under 10 minutes
The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course Pros & Cons
The pros of The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course are:
- Can ask questions on every lecture
- Covers broad technical analysis concepts
- Quizzes and worksheets on different lectures
- Access to a traders views on technical analysis
- Provides a deep understanding of advanced technical analysis concepts
- Over 3000 students with positive reviews
- Some great add on bonuses
The cons of The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course are:
- Can take some time to get questions answered
- Assumes the student has a basic understanding of technical analysis before starting
These are the advantages and disadvantages of the advanced technical analysis course.
The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course Screenshot
The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course Facts Price & Sign Up
The price of The Advanced Technical Analysis Trading Course ranges from $18 to $120 depending on when there is a discount being offered.
Chartered Market Technician® Program – Best For Becoming Technical Analyst
The CMT program is for students that want to become professional technical analysts.
This course is the most advanced and exams will need to be completed in order to pass it and get certified.
There are three courses in this program, CMT 1, CMT 2 and CMT 3.
Chartered Market Technician® Program Facts
Below are the facts about the Chartered Market Technician® Program:
- The program involves 3 levels and passing multiple exams
- The course is delivered either digitally or in print format (or both)
- The course spans multiple lessons covering topics like:
- Technical analysis concepts
- Price Theory
- Stage Analysis
- Seasonal Trends
- Technical Indicators
- Volume Analysis
- Chart Patterns
- History of technical analysis
- The course is delivered by a chartered market technician
Chartered Market Technician® Program Pros & Cons
The pros of the Chartered Market Technician® Program are:
- Teaches students to become qualified technical analysts
- Takes a student from complete beginner to advanced level
- Enables job opportunities in banks, hedge funds and media companies
- Access to the best technical analysts in the world
- Plenty of articles, guides, eBooks and pdfs on technical analysis
The cons of Chartered Market Technician® Program are:
- Many courses and exams required before qualification
- Takes a long time to complete
These are the advantages and disadvantages of enrolling in the CMT program.
Chartered Market Technician® Program Screenshot
Chartered Market Technician® Program Pricing & Sign Up
The cost of the official CMT course is $275. There is an additional fee to register for the exams.
Technical Analysis Mastery – Best For Technical Analysis In Multiple Markets
The technical analysis mastery course is a great course for teaching students how to use technical analysis in multiple different markets from stocks to forex.
Technical Analysis Mastery Course Facts
The facts of the Technical Analysis Mastery course are:
- There are 43 lectures covered over 9 topics. Topics covered include: Candlestick Patterns, Chart Patterns, Price Action Analysis, Technical Indicators, Risk Management Using Technical Analysis, Trading Psychology etc.
- The technical analysis course is delivered by Haris Hayat, the founder of TheMarketWizards
- Over 2 hours and 53 minutes of video lessons
Technical Analysis Mastery Course Pros & Cons
The pros of the Technical Analysis Mastery Course are:
- Covers multiple markets
- Helps beginners learn chart patterns
- Teaches basic technical analysis trading strategies
- Teaches risk management
- Teaches candlestick patterns in detail
- Easy to ask questions on different video lessons
The cons of the Technical Analysis Mastery Course are:
- Course is short in length
- Course does not cover all areas of technical analysis
These are the advantages and disadvantages of the technical analysis mastery course.
Technical Analysis Mastery Course Screenshot
Technical Analysis Mastery Course Price And Sign Up
The price of the Technical Analysis Mastery Course is between $11.99 to $110 depending on when Udemy is running discounts.
Top Technical Analysis Courses Comparison Table
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are frequently asked questions about the best technical analysis courses.
Who Should Take A Technical Analysis Course?
New traders, new students of trading and investing or traders with some experience should take a technical analysis course. These courses will provide education on technical analysis and teach the students methods for analyzing price charts of any market.
Are Technical Analysis Courses Expensive?
This will depend on the specific course a new student chooses. There are many great technical analysis courses that are free as well as others for as little as $120.