Podcasts are a great way to learn technical analysis through audio. With the rise of Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud and Stitcher, it’s easy for a new trader or investor to find a top podcast to increase their knowledge on technical analysis concepts.
With so many trading and investing podcasts, which one should a new trader choose to get their education from?
The 6 best podcasts to learn technical analysis are:
- The Allstarcharts Podcast on Technical Analysis Radio: Best for complete beginners to technical analysis
- Fill The Gap: The Podcast of the CMT Association: Best for interviews with Technical Analysts and expert Chartered Market Technicians
- The Weekly Trend: Best for technical analysis of publicly trading companies
- TechnoFunda Investing: Best for discussing technical analysis strategies in capital markets
- Cryptocurrency Technical Analysis:Best for technical analysis education in the cryptocurrency markets
- Dorsey Wright & Associates Technical Analysis Podcast: Best for technical analysis insights from an investment management firm
These podcasts are some of the best options for traders seeking technical analysis education and information.
1. The Allstarcharts Podcast On Technical Analysis Radio
- Host:JC Parets, Chartered Market Technician & Technical Analyst
- Episode Frequency:Averages 2 episodes per month
- Episode Duration: Averages 35 – 50 minutes per episode
- Where To Listen: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify
- Notable Episodes:Pardon The Price Action w/ JC Parets & Steve Strazza & The Evolution Of Becoming A Technician w/ Brian G @alphacharts
The Allstarcharts Podcast On Technical Analysis Radio is a great beginner friendly technical analysis podcast that offers listeners information and education on all things technical analysis related.
Topics covered on The Allstarcharts Podcast On Technical Analysis Radio include:
- Technical Analysis Indicators e.g. Moving Averages, Volume etc.
- Current Market Analysis Of Financial Markets
- Insights From Technical Analysts & Chartered Market Technicians
- Questions And Answers From Listeners
With such a broad scope of technical analysis topics discussed, the Allstarcharts Podcast is a great beginner friendly resource for new traders and investors to learn from.
2. Fill The Gap: The Official Podcast of the CMT Association
- Hosts:David Lundgren, CMT, CFA and Tyler Wood
- Episode Frequency:Averages 1 per month
- Episode Duration: Averages between 1hr and 1hr 20 minutes per episode
- Where To Listen: Google Podcast, Apple Podcasts, Spotify
- Notable Episodes:Episode Twelve, with Special Guest John Bollinger, CMT, CFA & Episode 3, with Special Guest, Walter Deemer, CMT
The Fill The Gap Podcast by the Chartered Market Technician Association is a monthly podcast that interviews experts in the technical analyst and charted market technician careers.
Topics discussed on the Fill The Gap Podcast include:
- Technical Analysis Concepts
- Careers As A Technical Analyst Or Chartered Market Technician
- Detailed Technical Indicator Conversations
- Interviews With Expert Technical Analysts, Investors, Traders & CMT’s
As this podcast is hosted by the chartered market technician association, there is no better authority on topics around technical analysis studies.
3. The Weekly Trend
Host: David Zarling, Ian McMillan
Episode Frequency: Average 1 episode per week
Episode Duration: Average between 50 minutes to 1 hour per episode
Where To Listen: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify
Notable Episodes : Episode 094: The Trend Is Your Friend & Episode 014: VIX, The Lack of Breadth, and the 60/40 Fallacy
The Weekly Trend Podcast is a top podcast that features special guests as well as the hosts insights into various markets.
Topics discussed on The Weekly Trend Podcast include:
- Technical Analysis Of Markets Including Stocks, Commodities, Currencies etc.
- Advanced Technical Analysis Concepts
- Various Technical Indicators Discussions
- Technical Analysis Theories
- Interviews With Expert Guests
This podcast gives the listener a chance to hear about various markets through the eyes of technical analysis.
4. TechnoFunda Investing
Host: Vivek Mashrani, CFA
Episode Frequency: 1 episode per month
Episode Duration: Average 30 minutes per episode
Where To Listen: Apple Podcasts, Spotify
Notable Episodes: #021 – Top 7 Strategies to Navigate a Volatile Market, #021 What Edge do Retail Investors have? & #012 Technical Analysis vs Fundamental Analysis – The Unspoken Truth.
While there are not many episode of this podcast to listen to, the episodes that are available are useful for learning technical analysis and trading.
Topics discussed on the TechnoFunda Investing podcast include:
- Technical Analysis & Fundamental Analysis
- Technical Analysis concepts
- Investment Research
- Investing In A Bull Market & Bear Market
- Technical Analysis Trading Strategies
The host does a great job of breaking down the topics and educating the listeners.
5. Cryptocurrency Technical Analysis
Host: Naeem Al-Obaidi
Episode Frequency: Average 1 episode per day
Episode Duration: Average between 30 minutes and 1 hour
Where To Listen: Spotify, Apple Podcasts
Notable Episodes: Bitcoin Price Target!! Clear Technical Pattern Now Emerging & Solana In-Depth Analysis (sitting at 200D moving average)
The Cryptocurrency Technical Analysis podcast offers technical analysis of the crypto markets.
Topics discussed on The Cryptocurrency Technical Analysis podcast include:
- Technical Analysis Of Cryptocurrencies Like Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.
- Price Chart Pattern Analysis
- Technical Trading Indicators In The Crypto Markets
- Volume Analysis
With the frequency of podcast episodes released, new trader will not be restricted with content if they subscribe.
6. Dorsey Wright & Associates Technical Analysis Podcast
Host: Multiple hosts from Dorsey Wright & Associates
Episode Frequency: Average 1 episode per week
Episode Duration: Average between 15 – 20 minutes per episode
Where To Listen: Apple Podcasts, Podchaser
Notable Episodes: Dorsey Wright’s Podcast 828 – Alternative Breaks and Earnings & Dorsey Wright’s Podcast 842 – Stick to the Plan
Dorsey Wright & Associates Technical Analysis Podcast is a great podcast to get education on technical analysis.
Topics covered on the Dorsey Wright & Associates Technical Analysis Podcast include:
- Supply & Demand Studies
- Technical Analysis In Markets Including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, ETF’s etc.
- Technical Concepts Like Relative Strength & Relative Weakness
- Pros & Cons Of Technical Indicators
- Technical Investing Strategies
This podcast is the chance for new traders and investors to gain an insight from experts in an investment management firm.
Why Should You Listen To Technical Analysis Podcasts?
A new trader or investor should listen to technical analysis podcasts because they can help educate them through audio on technical analysis indicators, chart patterns, trendlines support and resistance levels and provide technical analysis on various financial markets from cryptocurrencies, forex, stocks, futures, commodities and bonds.
These podcasts also offer free and easily accessible technical analysis information from experts in the field including chartered market technicians and technical analysts.
How We Choose The Best Technical Analysis Podcasts
There are many technical analysis related podcasts to choose from on various podcasting apps.
We chose these 6 top technical analysis podcasts based on the hosts expertise, the quality of information provided in the episodes, the lack of self promotion in the episodes and the people interviewed in various podcast episodes.