Twitter has become a great social media for new traders to learn how to trade the different financial markets from the stock market to the forex market.
There are a number of Twitter accounts that can help rookie traders learn technical analysis.
These Twitter accounts provide price charts of various markets with technical analysis insights and education.
The best Twitter accounts for learning technical analysis are:
- Brian Shannon @alphatrends
- Chris Kimble @KimbleCharting
- Helene Meisler @hmeisler
- Linda Raschke @LindaRaschke
- David Keller @DKellerCMT
- Katie Stockton @StocktonKatie
- The Chart Report @TheChartReport
- Ian McMillan @the_chart_life
Many of these twitter accounts are top technical analysts and professional traders.
Following these twitter accounts will help improve all areas of technical analysis knowledge.
Twitter handle: @alphatrends
Brian Shannon is a chartered market technician, a trader and author of the book Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes.
He uses a technical analysis on a multiple timeframe approach to trading stocks.
Why Follow @Alphatrends On Twitter?
Traders should follow Brian Shannon on twitter because:
- He provides charts with technical analysis: Brian’s twitter feed is covered with price charts with technical analysis concepts and provides insights into many markets.
- He is a chartered market technician: Brian is qualified as a chartered market technician meaning he knows how to apply technical analysis on a professional level.
- He covers many markets on his Twitter feed: Brian offers analysis on many markets with the main focus on US stocks, US indexes and Cryptocurrencies.
- Tweets insights into advanced technical analysis concepts: Brian’s tweets provide followers with insights into advanced technical analysis concepts like relative strength studies, VWAP etc.
Twitter handle: @KimbleCharting
Why Follow @KimbleCharting On Twitter?
Traders should follow Chris Kimble on Twitter because:
- He provides price chart analysis in many markets: Chris tweets price charts with chart pattern analysis in multiple markets from commodities, futures, currencies indexes and stocks.
- He leaves helpful notes on the price charts he tweets about: There are great notes left on price charts he tweets to his followers. These notes can be a great educational tool.
- He provides examples of popular chart patterns in technical analysis: Many of the charts displayed on Chris’s twitter feed illustrate real time chart patterns formations including channels, wedges, head & shoulders etc.
- He retweets other great chart analysis from other traders: Chris also retweets technical analysis insights from other traders.
Twitter handle: @hmeisler
Helene Meisler is a trader and daily column writer for Real Money. Her twitter feed offers technical analysis and price chart analysis.
Why Follow @hmeisler On Twitter?
Traders should follow Helene Meisler on Twitter because:
- She provides technical analysis in many markets: Helene’s twitter feed offers price charts of many markets with valuable technical analysis insights.
- Many charts with chart patterns drawn on them: Helene’s also highlights price charts with chart patterns developing on them.
- Discusses advanced technical analysis concepts on her timeline: Helene Twitter also discusses advanced technical analysis concepts on real time charts of various markets.
- Shares longer term charts with technical analysis: Many charts provide long term predictions for different markets.
Twitter handle: @LindaRaschke
Linda Raschke is a professional trader profiled in the book Market Wizards.
Why Follow @LindaRaschke On Twitter?
Traders should follow Linda Raschke on Twitter because:
- She offers technical analysis of many markets: Linda’s twitter feed covers multiple markets from a technical analysis perspective.
- She is a former market wizard: Linda was profiled in the Market Wizards book as she is a top trader. Following her on Twitter allows beginner traders to have access to a top technical trader’s thoughts and insights into various markets.
- She uses many technical indicators: Linda highlights many different technical indicators on her Twitter feed for her followers to study including volume profile, oscillators, Bollinger bands, etc.
Twitter handle: @DKellerCMT
David Keller is a chartered market technician, a chief market strategist at StockCharts.com and president of Sierra Alpha Research.
His twitter feed provides a wealth of information on technical analysis.
Why Follow @DKellerCMT On Twitter?
Traders should follow David Keller on Twitter because:
- He uses chart patterns and technical indicators: Followers will learn how to apply both technical indicators and chart patterns in technical analysis from viewing the charts he posts on his Twitter feed.
- He actively educates through videos: He shares links to his videos on Twitter where he educates about various markets and technical analysis.
Twitter handle: @StocktonKatie
According to Katie’s Twitter profile, she is the founder and managing partner of Fairlead Strategies, an independent research provider focused on technical analysis.
She is also a chartered market technician.
Why Follow @StocktonKatie On Twitter?
Traders should follow Katie Stockton on twitter because:
- She offers price charts with advanced technical analysis insights: The charts Katie shares include deep technical analysis knowledge that can help any beginner trader.
- She offers multi timeframe technical analysis: The price charts Katie lists cover multiple timeframes from daily to weekly and monthly price charts. This helps followers see how technical analysis can be used on many different timeframes.
- She discusses advanced technical indicators: Katie lists price charts with advanced technical indicators including Ichimoku Clouds, Rsi etc.
The Chart Report
Twitter handle: @TheChartReport
The Chart Report Twitter account offers followers a deep dive into technical analysis of various price charts in the US stock market.
Why Follow @TheChartReport On Twitter?
Traders should follow The Chart Report on twitter because:
- They cover technical analysis of US stocks and indexes in detail: The chart report twitter feed offers followers technical analysis of various US stocks and the stock market indexes.
- They focus mainly on chart patterns within technical analysis: The twitter feed mainly uses chart patterns like continuation chart patterns and reversal chart patterns to find trading setups.
- They share some technical indicators analysis: The also share some advanced technical analysis concepts like using technical indicators to spot relative strength, volume analysis etc.
- They share inspiring trading and investing quotes: They also share trading and investing quotes from famous traders and investors.
Twitter handle: @the_chart_life
Ian McMillian is a buy side investment advisor at Adaptiv. He primarily uses technical analysis to analyze potential investments.
He is also a chartered market technician.
Why Follow @the_chart_life On Twitter?
Traders should follow Ian McMillian on Twitter because:
- He provides technical analysis of many markets: Ian offers his followers technical analysis coverage of markets from stocks, Reits, cryptocurrencies, indexes, sectors etc.
- He offers and provides great technical analysis by using trendlines/chart patterns: Ian highlights patterns forming in markets on his Twitter feed.
- He offers real time potential investments: Ian also offers real time potential investments on his Twitter feed for followers.